Is a little tree shade keeping you away from the big savings on a rooftop solar system?
Having tall trees near your home isn’t always a deal breaker. This blog can help determine if a rooftop solar system is a good fit for your home or business.
Here are several determining factors:
– The amount of sunlight that reaches your rooftop
– The size, shape and position of your roof
– The height of nearby trees and their distance from your home or business
– The number of hours that your roof is exposed to sunlight
For more information on Shading Guidelines!
Did you know?
A tree can cast a shadow up to three times its height. Even if a tree seems to be far away, it can still impact the light that reaches your home at certain times of the day. In the winter, the sun is low in the sky, and that’s why we must be careful to design a rooftop solar system that’s a win-win for everyone.
We can help you with the research.
Our solar experts are available to survey your roof and electrical system. They can usually assess your property in less than an hour! Our team will even help you compare multiple quotes from other companies to see which option is the best fit for you. We want to help you make the right choice even if you decide to do business with someone else!
- If you have no trees, solar panels provide shade for your roof
- The average rooftop solar system offsets thousands of trees worth of CO2
- Tree trimming/non-native tree removal is possible as a last resort
If your roof gets less than 6 hours of sun, a huge portion of potential energy is lost.
- If your home has zero tree shade, then it’s a no-brainer.
- If your home has a little shade, then we can most likely make it work.
- If your home has a lot of shade, then trees must be trimmed before we begin.
- If it sounds like your home might be qualified or you’re uncertain, then give us a call!
You don’t want to miss out on something that could potentially save you tens of thousands of dollars while helping to make the world a cleaner place. In other words, save money and save the planet by going solar.